0006 - Board Resolution for Digital Teaching and Learning
Washington County Board of Education Approved 01-30-17
- a shared mission, vision, values, and goals;
- a focus on personalizing learning;
- assessment as learning;
- innovation and experimentation;
- commitment to continuous improvement, and
- long-term student learning outcomes.
WHEREAS, the Washington County School District Board of Education believes that the fundamental purpose of Digital Teaching and Learning in our schools is to ensure high levels of learning for all students, and this belief about learning translates into nine key elements that drive the daily work of the staff in our schools:
- Personalized Student Learning
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Use of Space and Time
- Robust Infrastructure
- Data and Privacy
- Community Partnerships
- Personalized Professional Learning
- Budget and Resources
- Collaborative Leadership
WHEREAS, the Washington County School District Board of Education believes that Digital Teaching and Learning is essential for us to build and maintain a future ready culture throughout our entire school system, and this belief about future orientation is based on the understandings that:
- Frequent, meaningful, and measurable learning time is embedded as an essential function of an Educator's daily responsibility, allowing individuals, teams, and the community to work to achieve common goals linked to our mission of learning.
- Schools improve when Educators are given the time, support, and structures needed to clarify essential student learning, develop a future ready mindset for learning, analyze evidence of student learning, and use the evidence for continuous improvement in order to "raise the bar" and "close the gap" of student learning and achievement.
WHEREAS, the Washington County School District Board of Education believes that as a future ready district, we must focus on results, and this belief about a focus on preparing students for their future is based on the understandings that:
- We will measure our effectiveness on the basis of long term learner preparation.
- All programs, policies, and practices will be continually assessed on the basis of their impact on preparing students to be future-ready.
- All staff members will receive relevant and timely information on their effectiveness in achieving intended results.
WHEREAS, the Washington County School District Board of Education believes that effective Educators have a profound impact on student achievement and to be highly effective, Educators must work to achieve the collective purposes as measured by results established under this Resolution.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Washington County School District Board of Education commits to supporting continuous total system implementation of the concepts of Digital Teaching and Learning espoused herein and the creation and annual review of measurable practices that report the progress of our children. Further, the Washington County School District expects every Educator to effectively and actively participate in a District and/or school assigned digital teaching and learning activities. Participation is an essential responsibility of every educator in the Washington County School District.
Signed and dated this the day of January 30, 2017.
Collectively as the Washington County School District Board of Education