A066 - Coach/Advisor Code of Conduct
Administrative Letter #66 Coach/Advisor Code of Conduct - Approved 12-9-03; Updated 2-21-14
DATE: Reviewed and Updated February 2014 – Craig Hammer
REGARDING: Coach/Advisor Code of Conduct
Coach/Advisor Code of Conduct
All coaches employed by the Washington County School District are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Coaches Code of Ethics.
The following points of emphasis represent the expectation of the Washington County School Board relative to the coaches they employ. Behavior that is not in harmony with the Coaches Code of Conduct will result in formal disciplinary action. Consequences for violations will be cumulative and may include termination.
See page 2 for Coach/Advisor Code of Conduct.
Begin Page 2:
COACH/ADVISOR CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will shape my character and conduct so as to be a worthy example to young people.
- I will exemplify the highest moral character, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior at all times.
- I will carry out my duties as a coach in a responsible and professional manner.
- I will refrain from the use of profanity at all times.
- I will provide a safe physical and emotional environment where verbal and physical abuse will never occur.
- I will never attempt to threaten or intimidate the students in my charge.
- I will continually emphasize the importance of education by encouraging the highest standards of conduct and scholastic achievement among all students.
- I will abide by all District policies adopted by the School Board.
- I will show respect for all other coaches and programs at all times and work cooperatively to insure a positive experience for all student participants.
- I will strive at all times to maintain open communication between and among all students and parents associated with my program.
- I will do all I can to prohibit and prevent the use of illegal drugs.
- I will make participation safety a top priority.
- I will display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- I will be vigilant in not placing myself, or my players, in a compromising situation.
- I will never place winning above instilling the highest possible character traits in student athletes.
- I will not in any way show distain or disrespect for opposing participants, coaches or fans.
- I will show respect at all times for the rules of the game and the officials who enforce those rules. Any disagreements will be handled in an appropriate and professional manner.
- I will fully disclose all financial information related to my program and my position as coach.
I have read this document. I hereby commit to abide by the Code of Ethics summary above.
Signature ____________________________________________ Date ________________________