A166 - Temporary Discipline Transfer (TDT)
WCSD Temporary Discipline Transfer - Approved September 2023
Temporary Discipline Transfer (TDT)
TDT Procedures/Guidelines for School Administrators (reference Policy 2110; 4.2, 4.22, 4.4)
- Long-term suspension and TDT’s need prior approval from the Director of Student Services.
a. Thorough investigation of the situation, to include any charges that were filed.
b. Verbal conference of the situation.
c. Preview of the written notification to parents (prior to sending the letter to the parents).
2. Typical Safe School violations which result in TDT’s:
a. Possession/use of illegal drugs to include but not limited to marijuana or excessive
violations of vaping.
b. Assault, acts of school violence, bullying, hazing, sexual or racial harassment.
3. Duration of TDT’s: TDT’s are to be written in such a manner to provide clear directives
regarding the student’s time out of school. They must include:
a. Options for educational services while being removed from the school, such as online,
focus center, homebound, or in-school focus center.
b. Students are to be removed for no longer than two quarters, or one full semester.
Varying degrees of violation severity can allow for some adjustments. Students
removed are to be given the option of returning after one quarter by fulfilling
expectations as outlined by school administration. Typical scenarios are listed
below and can be used as a guide:
• Safe Schools violation occurs halfway through the first quarter: The TDT is issued,
and the student is removed through the end of the first quarter, as well as to the
end of the second quarter, with the option of returning at the beginning of the
• Safe Schools violation occurs within the first week of the semester: The student is
removed for the whole semester with the option of returning at the beginning of
• Safe Schools violation occurs the last week of the first quarter: The student is
removed for the second and third quarter, with the option of returning at the beginning
of the third quarter.
• Safe Schools violation occurs the last week of the second quarter: The student is
removed for the third quarter, with the option of returning at the third quarter midterm.